I grew up in a pretty religious and conservative family so Easter was always a big deal. It still is. Now that I’m older and have declared myself agnostic, Easter and Christmas is one of the few times that I will go to church with my family. If I’m in Minnesota though. There’s just something about the family tradition and the ritual that goes along with it: brunch, Easter communion, afternoon tea, crisp white dresses…This year will be a little different however: I’ll be having brunch with my friends with lots and lots of mimosas. Can’t wait!
What are your plans this weekend?
Links I love today:
- Eat: Roasted Potato and Chickpea Salad, Savory Romano Crusted French Toast, Ramp, Mushrooms & Ricotta Tartine, Broiled Lamb Chops with Mint Sauce, Bienenstich
- Drink: DIY Bottled Cocktails, Artichoke Negroni
- Want: 3D Ice Cubes, Edible Tower Picnic Kit, this Wu-Tang Butcher Shop poster, this book on food truck typography
- Do Not Want (I think?): This sandwich, and also this alphabet sandwich
- Read: “How Small Plates Have Conquered America’s Menus”, “Can All of New York Go Out to Eat On the Same Day?”, “David Chang’s Kitchen: Don’t Get All ‘Fresh’ with Me”, “In Defense of Tweezer Food”, ”The Science of Pickles”, “Why Ketchup is Impossible to Pour”, “Native Lands”