March Madness Dinner at City Grit
You know how I take all those pictures for Chef Dave Santos’s Um Segredo dinners? On Thursday, Dave had a “March Madness” dinner at City Grit, which is located in a cool antique space in SoHo.
As usual, yours truly was in the kitchen taking photos and Chef was in the kitchen helping Dave. Co-workers! (Ok, not really). You might think the menu is basketball oriented just because of the name, but no. The menu is composed of dishes that are known to make people crazy:
- Elderflower cured Tasmanian sea trout with rye crisp and absinthe gel
- Mushroom and pork belly salad, Portuguese “butter” vinaigrette, baby mizuna
- Sea Bream with eggplant marmalade and baby bok choy in a Thai curry broth
- Stilton tortelloni, lemon poppy pistou, and an apple crisp
- "Shepherd’s Pie", coffee braised venison, roasted vegetables, potato foam
- Almond bread pudding with nutmeg caramel and vanilla gelato
I have many bad memories involving absinthe. Anyways, I’m more excited about my photo set for this particular dinner because I was surprisingly pleased with the way the photos turned out. Let’s begin, shall we?
You can the entire set of the photos on my flickr site.
If you’re interested in attending the other dinners, Dave will be City Grit for a few more days.
- Ode to Oyster dinner on March 9th
- I Think I’m Turning Japaguese dinner on March 10th
And don’t forget! Chef’s Minnesota themed dinner at City Grit is next Thursday, on March 8th. I’ll be eating (and not taking pictures!!!) so I hope to see you there.
- bibicuit34 likes this
- greenkneehighs likes this
- kanayawaii likes this
- noraleah likes this
- fritesandfries posted this