Portugal Day at Aldea
Dia de Portugal is the National Day in Portugal and it made sense to have well-respected Portuguese chefs to come together. On Sunday, Portuguese chefs George Mendes (from Aldea), Rui Correia (from Douro), and David Santos participated in a Dia de Portugal lunch at Aldea.
- Bacalhau (Cod) ceviche with malagueta peppers, capers, olives and salsa verde from Chef Correia
- Poached octopus with apples, potatoes and lemon-squid ink puree from Chef Mendes
- Kale-stuffed quail with poached quail eggs and chickpeas two ways from Chef Santos
- Chocolate ‘Salami’ from Shelly Acuna (Aldea’s pastry chef)
While the guests were greeted with wine from the Esporão estate and delicious canapés before sitting down to the four course meal, yours truly was capturing the back of the house action. See the back of the house photos after the jump.
(It wouldn’t be a true Portuguese kitchen without a soccer game on.)
See even more photos on my flickr page!
[Thank you Chef Mendes for letting me crash your kitchen.]
- half-formed-things likes this
- iixjustinx likes this
- alcazzuri likes this
- taaraah likes this
- peternyc likes this
- carleenallen likes this
- adicaboco likes this
- fritesandfries posted this