I know it’s really terrible, but we have about 15 days left in New York and…we haven’t started packing! In a way, I’m procrastinating because I’m terribly afraid that things aren’t going to work out because there is still a lot of uncertainty, career-wise…and everything-wise. I’m glad I’m not doing it alone.
There are some things that I know for sure and that is that I’ll never say ”yeah, you betcha” and re-gain my Minnesotan accent [because the New York one is just too powerful now]. I know I’ll be back to NYC soon but there are some things that I’m looking forward to that New York cannot offer: having a patio in our new Minneapolis apartment, paying almost half the price of what we pay in Manhattan for twice the amount of space (maybe even three?), remembering what it is like to be “Minnesota nice” again, Galactic Pizza*, and being close to family. Most importantly, we have a nice bright kitchen that I can shoot in as opposed to our dark, dingy Manhattan apartment. And my new office nook! I can’t wait to show everyone.
(print from Ex Libris Journals)
Links I love today:
- Make: creamsicle pie
- Gross but mesmerizing: plucking some dude’s nose hair
- The Jean-Paul Satre cookbook
- Video: Unglamorous New York
- Read: a service that helps you pretend like you cooked a home-cooked meal
- To do in New York (if you’re not going to the Jazz Age picnic): NYPL exhibition on New York lunch
- Secret meaning of Solo cups
- Drink: Minty tea cooler
*It’s a really cheesy pizza place (no pun intended), but that’s why I love it.
- writersintrovert likes this
- black-oceans likes this
- rachellleeroth said: i was totally looking up creamsicle pie last week!
- iixjustinx likes this
- nonnaihr likes this
- delishytown likes this
- troogiesworld likes this
- baseln likes this
- noraleah likes this
- fritesandfries posted this