Snacks at Hmong Village
Minnesota may be the home of many lakes, zubaz pants, hipsters (if you believe them), and hot dishes, but Minnesota also has one of the largest Hmong population in the United States.
In the Dayton’s Bluff neighborhood of St. Paul, Minnesota, there is a taste of Southeast Asia tucked inside a shopping area known as Hmong Village. The exterior of the building looks like a plain one-level commercial strip when in fact, Hmong Village houses multiple stalls helmed by different Hmong vendors for shopping, health, and entertainment.
Most importantly, there’s also a produce market inside, as well as a food court serving delicious, authentic Southeast Asian cuisine.
See the food photos after the jump.
Papaya salad — when they say spicy, THEY MEAN SPICY
Last minute pork-y impulse buy.
If you’re ever in St. Paul, I hope you stop by Hmong Village to try some of the food.
- mollydonnelly likes this
- liveanddiebythepen reblogged this from fritesandfries
- thedogsbollocksmn likes this
- cursingthewindunearthingthesun reblogged this from fritesandfries
- mndailyae reblogged this from fritesandfries
- gasp-shock likes this
- kthread likes this
- iixjustinx likes this
- half-formed-things likes this
- rymackenzie likes this
- eastcoastgirl03 reblogged this from fritesandfries
- goliathtroll reblogged this from fritesandfries
- anniemalistic reblogged this from fritesandfries
- katoxstar likes this
- the-partisans likes this
- tothecityandthesea likes this
- ceyren likes this
- legendary-ynd reblogged this from fritesandfries
- fritesandfries posted this