I’m finally home. The whole ordeal was 9 hours — IV, stitches, x-rays, the works. The cut was so deep, it cut into the bone. I’m too tired to go into the whole story but a hand blender was involved. On the bright side, I got to ride in an ambulance today. Woot?
Let’s talk about restaurant industry injuries and its presence in the ER now:
- My room had a copy of Saveur magazine.
- There was a line cook sitting in front of me who had sliced the skin off the dorsal side of her index finger. To my non-surprise, she will be back to work tomorrow morning.
- The paramedics were trying to figure out if my injury was classified as “recreational laceration” or “industrial laceration”.
They must see a lot of cooks (and home cooks too —wahh). Despite all of his kitchen wounds/burns, Chef has yet to go to the ER but let’s hope that never happens.
- 143jays808 likes this
- uneamericaine said: Oh my gosh. Glad to hear you’re ok! Take care of yourself xoxo
- noraleah said: eeesh! i’m glad you’re ok. xx
- cherrylet said: That sounds so painful but I’m glad you’re at least home now!
- thatluciegirl likes this
- missminifer said: Oh no! Hope you recover ok, what an awful thing to happen x
- mimieats likes this
- alexieileen said: Oh my goodness! Glad you’re okay!!!!!
- iixjustinx said: Ouch, hope you feel better & heal up soon!
- linettcx likes this
- nonnaihr said: Glad you’re okay! I sliced my thumb open earlier this year via x-acto knife and a gaudy advertisement for cigarettes, but I was in and out with 2 stitches in about 1.5hrs. Here’s hoping it doesn’t cost you an arm!
- fritesandfries posted this