Easy Insalata Caprese
I never talk about it very much but years and years ago, I played the violin. Quite seriously actually. Because of it, I was able to spend some time in Italy. I was only focused on practicing, the performances…and fashion — I was so excited about buying Ferragamo and Prada at a good price. But during my stay there, I started to love the culture more and my day-to-day habits there: gelato before dinner, siesta, pigging out on pasticiotti and cannoncini alla crema at inappropriate times…As for the pasta and wine? Gosh, I don’t know where to start. I was in heaven every day. It was here in Italy that I really started to appreciate the use of fresh and local produce, tasting and thinking about the individual ingredients rather than together as a dish.
Insalata caprese is such a great and fresh summer salad to make. I love it because you appreciate the quality of the fresh ingredients. As cheesy as it sounds, the salt and the olive oil amplifies the beauty of each ingredient in its purest way. Maybe that’s why I find this as a classic dish that every person needs to know how to make..
This version of the insalata caprese, using cherry tomatoes, that I made is more bite friendly than its classic counterpart. There’s no need to fuss with cutting the huge chunks of tomato…and other stuff too!
For 6 servings:
- 10 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together gently. Serve immediately.
[By the way, I did buy a kick ass ostrich leather wallet from the Ferragamo store in Rome. I’m sure you REALLY needed to know that. But damn, I love fashion.]
- vintagelyrics likes this
- rosshandler likes this
- rosshandler reblogged this from fritesandfries
- dietsthatwillhelploseweight likes this
- tiiiimberrrr likes this
- asharista18 likes this
- miss-r0s3 likes this
- charmainemclean likes this
- gluttonandlust reblogged this from fritesandfries
- adeliechelle likes this
- avitu likes this
- chryxanthemums likes this
- youbelookinhealthy likes this
- sortitallout likes this
- theycallmemaggie said: YUM! Looks very fresh.
- theycallmemaggie likes this
- alexieileen likes this
- peterpanseyebrows likes this
- redblackapron likes this
- nutmegz likes this
- fritesandfries posted this