There are a good number of recipes that require just half of an ingredient, especially things like onions. I’ve been dicing or mincing the leftover halves, and storing them into stack-able containers in order to build the most awesome D.I.Y. omelet bar ever. This way, I can make myself a huge veggie-filled omelet in the morning without having to do all that prep work.
What do you usually do with the other half? Plastic wrap it and store it? Freeze it? Throw it into a big vat of chili?
Links I love today:
- Eat: Sweet Potato & Kale Tortilla Soup, Green Curry Porridge, Ginger Milk Curd, Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- Drink: El Moderno, Moscow Mule (redefined)
- Visit: The Message is Medium Rare, a blog where burger, branding, and design come together
- Watch: The Chemistry of Sriracha, How to Eat Sushi the Right Way
- Read: “America’s Temple of Pseudoscience”, How much water is needed to grow food, How to eat at your desk, “A Taste You Hate? Just Wait”, “Buildings Around the World That Used to Be Pizza Huts”, “New F.D.A. Nutrition Labels Would Make ‘Serving Sizes’ Reflect Actual Servings" (!!!)